Hopewell Health Centers, Inc.
Please send cover letter and resume electronically to: Erin Lucas, Hopewell Health Centers, Early Childhood Program Director: Erin.Lucas@hopewellhealth.org.
Position Title: Infant Early Childhood Mental Health Consultant
Supervisor: Angie Gibbs
Additional Supervision: Jennifer Lackey
Required Credential: See Below
Positions Supervised: None
FLSA Status: Salary, Exempt
Minimum Requirements: Master’s degree in mental health related field; Licensure in mental health; Education & experience working with families & working across systems of care (e.g. Medication Assisted Treatment, addiction, medical facilities/WIC, Early Intervention, Help Me Grow, Head Start, child care settings); Expectation to work towards being an ECMH Consultant through the Ohio Professional Development Network (OPDN) Registry; Ability to work independently and align work with team & relate to a variety of professionals and parents of young children; Awareness of and sensitivity to the cultural diversity of the population served, implicit bias & its impact on care; Commitment to the promotion of social justice and ability to promote diversity
equity & inclusion within programs; Ability to work independently, multi-task on multiple initiatives in parallel, & relate to a variety of professionals & caregivers.
Preferred Qualifications: Independent licensure in mental health; Education/experience working with children birth to age 5 and their families; Experience with working across early childhood systems (e.g., medical facilities/WIC, Early Intervention,
Help Me Grow, childcare settings); Experience in providing training to Early Care and education staff and or medical personnel. Eligible for IECMH credentials through the State of Ohio.
Supervisor/HR Director signature and Date:
Workforce Member signature and Date:
JOB SYNOPSIS: Infant/Early Childhood Mental Health Consultants provide consultation & treatment to help babies and children succeed in home and early learning environments. I/ECMHC use consultation to develop strategies that primary care providers, home visitors and early learning professionals can use to respond to challenging behaviors, as well as strategies that support the healthy social-emotional development of all children. This IECMHC position provides focused IECMH Consultation to SST15 team requiring in person meetings with team & consultants as well as travel to districts with consultants when requested. The focus of this position is Programmatic Consultation.
I. IECMH Consultation Service Provision
3. Designs and implements programmatic consultation plan in collaboration with SST 15.
7. Participates in Ohio Approved training on early childhood specific topics for ECMH credential.
II. Administrative & Agency Awareness
1. Uses role to promote agency mission & vision to consumers/public
3. Remains current in licensure and training as needed
5. Is dependable, conscientious:
6. Demonstrates punctuality when attending work activities and meetings
9. Completes paperwork and tasks by deadlines
15. Utilizes effective time management and organizational skills
17. Works well independently—demonstrates initiative, completes tasks, assures quality, shows creativity
18. Shows good judgment; makes sound, independent, cooperative & ethical decisions
III. Professional Attributes & Communication
1. Presents self to clients and community in a professional manner (even when others do not)
3. Represents agency as a respectful, professional, and accessible organization
5. Establishes rapport and is efficient in use of time with patients, staff, and partners
6. Maintains confidentiality and ethical boundaries
8. Calm under duress, emergencies
12. Gives & receives constructive feedback
14. Shows interest in and takes initiative towards expanding work-related skills
3. Works with supervisor and other staff in constructive manner and initiates problem solving
4. Helpful to fellow staff, willing to assist other with tasks
4. Adds to discussions for problem solving / feedback on work performance or agency issues
8. Developing awareness of internal response & exploring impact of internal beliefs on work
9. Engages in healing & repair as necessary in promotion of professional growth & social justice
VI. General Agency Expectations
Hopewell Health Centers, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.