Dear District Test Coordinators and District Administrators:
The unique circumstances of this year create some logistical challenges for test administration. The Ohio Department of Education is committed to working through these issues to support the needs of schools to the extent possible. Please read the important information on the Department website, which details flexibility in testing necessitated by the COVID-19 pandemic. Districts first and foremost should be concerned about the safety of students and staff. Assessments should occur only if they can be done safely. Due to technology and test security requirements, there is no option to remotely administer state tests. All testing must be done in person with a test administrator who is an employee of the district with a license, certificate or permit issued by the Ohio Department of Education.
Spring 2021 AASCD Operational Field Test Window This email serves as a reminder that the Spring 2021 Alternate Assessment for Students with the Most Significant Cognitive Disabilities (AASCD) Operational Field Test window closes Friday, March 26 at 5:00 PM. Today marks the half-way point of the test window.
Please take note of the following courtesy reminders:
- Ensure all test administrators review the Spring 2021 AASCD Test Administration Manual. For districts with students testing on full paper, ensure the test administrators review the Spring 2021 AASCD Supplemental Instructions for Paper Testing;
- All test administrators must be registered in TIDE to be able to access the TA Interface for online and supplemental testing and the Data Entry Interface for full paper and Learning Characteristics Inventory (LCI) data entry. It is recommended that test administrators access the TA Practice Site prior to the AASCD Operational Field Test. More information on using the TA Practice Test Site can be found in the AASCD Practice Test Guidance Document;
- Ensure your district has downloaded and installed the Secure Browser or SecureTestBrowser app on the devices the students will use to access the Student Testing Site. Test administrators can use the Secure Browser or SecureTestBrowser app to access an AASCD Practice Test to experience the sign-in process, navigate the online testing system, use the available tools and features, and become familiar with online testing;
- Only Alternate Assessment eligible students that are participating in the AASCD should be registered in TIDE to take the AASCD and should remain in TIDE for the duration of the AASCD Operational Field Test; and
- Ensure that test administrators are aware of which students have been assigned the LCI in TIDE. Test administrators must enter students’ LCI data into the Data Entry Interface before administering the AASCD Operational Field Test to students with the LCI assignment.
AASCD Operational Field Test Participation Reports
Districts should run participation reports in TIDE periodically to confirm completion of the AASCD Operational Field Tests and data entry for the LCI. Participation reports are based on student information entered in TIDE, so it is important to ensure that student information in TIDE is up-to-date and only includes records for students that will be testing. For assistance with running participation reports, please refer to the TIDE User Guide or reach out to the Ohio Help Desk at 1-877-231-7809 option 2 or OHHelpDesk@cambiumassessment.com.
AASCD Operational Field Test Survey
We would like to invite you to submit feedback on your experience with the AASCD Operational Field Test. The AASCD Spring 2021 Operational Field Test Survey is available on the Ohio Alternate Assessment portal homepage until March 31. Your feedback is valuable and will be used to inform future policies and procedures for AASCD testing.
Ohio Help Desk